Thursday, October 11, 2007

Setting my sanity aside- but for a good cause!


I am going to be participating in the LIVESTONG Challenge bike ride along with three friends as part of Team KXAN (a local TV station here). We are doing the 40 mile bike ride this Sunday. The LIVESTRONG Challenge is part of the Lance Armstrong Foundation and is one of the many events used to raise money and awareness for cancer research. I'm very lucky to be able to do this and have great friends to ride alongside. I'm still tired from my trip and am doing a long run Friday morning, yoga, and long ride on Saturday with friends but this is a great opportunity. I have recently had close family members going through treatments for cancer and a very close family friend passed right before my big trip. I feel so fortunate to be able to ride with them in my thoughts and for the LAF organization.

For more information on the LIVESTRONG Challenge and the LAF organization, please see their website.

1 comment:

iplayhockey said...

Good luck in the Challenge. It's going to be a great experience.

I like your VBT stories too. I had a wonderful trip with them in Quebec and am figuring out which one to do next.

I too traveled solo and had a wonderful time with the group.