Wednesday, October 17, 2007

History of Early Hungarian Cabinet Making

I'm busy at work and havent had time to do a real post about my trip. I promise, I'll get back to my Day One diary and fill the pages of my blog with pictures. For now, here's just a quick, somewhat random post for your entertainment!

I'm dreaming of Ireland and being on my bike every chance I get. I really would love to be out on my bike right now but, alas, I'm typing this post while taking a break from the microscope at work. What an amazing bike weekend I had. I'm so happy on my bike- I love how the wind feels on my skin when I'm going fast, how my tires sound when they meet the road, how my legs become like acid as I'm going up a hard hill, and the reward I get on my way down.

I was dreaming of my trip on Friday night so I decided to get some cultural viewing in while on the couch. I popped in one of my all time favorite movies, National Lampoon's European Vacation. While they don't actually go to Ireland on their trip, they do hit up England. If you know the movie, you'll laugh at my use of 'hit up'. What a great movie!

Please enjoy the youtube trailer clip. Enjoy and Slan!



Note on the title of the post- "History of Early Hungarian Cabinet Making" was one of the categories from the "Pig in a Poke!" show where the Griswald's had to face 'the all-time winningest family in the history of Pig in a Poke: the Foegers'. When the nobel prize winning father (mother is an NP'er too) missed the location of the pyramidal tracts of the brain, the category of American Explorers was chosen and unfortunately not HoEHCM. We all know now that they are the complex of multi-synaptic the upper motor nuerons and not 'a housing development outside of Cairo' as Clark answered. The answer to the explorers question luckily was Clark, of Lewis and Clark fame. The Griswald's won the show and the European Vacation! Oink, Oink!



No comments: